Blocks not updating

My v21 Bricscad doesn't seem to update blocks when I alter tham and reinsert to the dwg.
I am not a fan of x-ref for reasons I don't need to go into. I prefer bringing blocks in and updating any changes by reinserting them.
Bricscad asks me if I want to update the existing block but doesn't do it; it just cancels the insertion.
I am presently using my v20 to update the blocks and then returning to v21 to carry on modelling.
Regards,
Anthony

Comments

• i can confirm this error if you use the INSERT command and go through the dialog box....it is probably a bug ?
    It works if you use the -INSERT command and do the redefinition in the command line !
    You should respond as follows block name to be redefined = drawing name of the new block
    for example chair = C:\Data\chair.dwg

: -INSERT
    Block to insert or [? to list blocks in drawing/open file Dialog] <leg>:leg=C:\GIS\DEV\BricscadSupportRequests\leg.dwg
    The block leg already exists. Do you want to redefine it? [Yes-redefine block/No-do not redefine] <No-do not redefine>:y
    The block "leg" redefined:

• i used Bricscad Version 21.1.05 (x64) revision 87753

• Alternatively, as i can see, the block redefinition works, if you call the dialog box as an Option of the -INSERT command !
    Block to insert or [? to list blocks in drawing / open file Dialog]: d

Block to insert or [? to list blocks in drawing/open file Dialog]:d
    The block leg already exists. Do you want to redefine it? [Yes-redefine block/No-do not redefine] <No-do not redefine>:y

• aridzv
    edited December 2020

I just faced that problem also.
    is bricscad support team dealing with it?

*Editing:
    I've send a bug report to bricscad support team.
    hope that they will respond...

• @aridzv said:

*Editing:

@Konstantin Sakellaris said:
    Alternatively, as i can see, the block redefinition works, if you call the dialog box as an Option of the -INSERT command !

@aridzv and @Konstantin Sakellaris
    Your issue is important to us. Yesterday, I spent some time replicating your exact issue, so I am glad you submitted a report.
    Did they provide you with a help ticket number? I'd like to be able to follow along with the support request.

• https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/36413/blocks-not-updating#latest

@craigswearingen said:

@aridzv said:

*Editing:

@Konstantin Sakellaris said:
    Alternatively, as i can see, the block redefinition works, if you call the dialog box as an Option of the -INSERT command !

@aridzv and @Konstantin Sakellaris
    Your issue is important to us. Yesterday, I spent some time replicating your exact issue, so I am glad you submitted a report.
    Did they provide you with a help ticket number? I'd like to be able to follow along with the support request.

@Jason Bourhill said:
    Hi Anthony,

It's a bug related to the dialogue form of INSERT. As a workaround you can use the command line version, -INSERT instead.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V21 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

• @craigswearingen
    Thanks for the reply.
    bricscad support team did responded,
    and wrote, like you did ,that they aware of that and in the next maintenance release it will be fixed.
    the help ticket number is: SR 118081
    Thanks,
    Ari.