Stopping a lisp program.

Both Bricscad and Autocad lisp code can not be stopped if you stuff something up and it goes into an endless loop or just never quite gets to the correct answer to exit. It is a question being asked on other forums as well.

If you use a (repeat 50000 a press of esc will stop it use a (while (< x 50000) it will keep going till it gets to 50000 if you have it as a code condition it may never get there.

I am asking the Bricscad guys is there a secret key combo that is undocumented for forcing a stop like CTRL+ALT+DEL which is only way sometimes.

Has it just been left out of the Lisp Interpreter no ultimate exit.

Does Blade have a ultimate stop Acad Vlide greys out anything usefull.

Comments

• good question. I try ctrl-escape usually.
    I can usually get out of a loop, by trying menu stuff and switching documents and so on, basically messing around.
    Would love a reliable way though.

• If it is a lisp routine that prints & is stuck in Groundhog Day (personal experience), well, many a forest of trees is dead by the time one figures CTRL+ALT+DEL is the only solution.
    An alternate solution would be preferable to Nuking a CAD session; especially when multiple dwgs are open, which is always.

• This is one of those accidental double posts. For the rest of the discussion see:
    https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/36551/stopping-a-lisp-program