V22 documentation issues

Are the on-line documentation and help files now the only available versions? If so, that would be most unfortunate.

Beyond the inconvenience of needing to be on-line to access the documentation (which is not always convenient or even possible), there is the not insignificant issue of not being able to add personal notes, comments, or highlighting to remote documents.

Comments

• Dear Richard,
    there should be a download link for a PDF documentation ? At least, it was there till V21 :-) I didn't check yet, but that offline PDF should still be available ?
    many greetings !

• Hi, Torsten! I agree there should be a link but believe me, I looked (and looked and looked). Starting at the product documentation page and working down through likely links, I couldn't find any for the offline help files. Maybe I missed it?

From the metadata in the PDF file, it looks like the V21 offline help was created using MiKTeX from LaTeX source files. I'm guessing that the same LaTeX files would have been used to generate both the HTML files for online help and the offline PDF version. (Disclaimer: I also use MiKTeX as a front end to LaTex to produce PDF documentation. Down with MS Word!)

So the missing link to the offline files may be a simple oversight from when the website was redesigned.

• I will add a note for our web development team :-)
    Offline PDF should be available, for sure ...
    many greetings !

• @Torsten Moses

Hi

Has there been any progress here? I am also looking for a PDF version of the V22 manual
  • The Help files did need thorough revision - but they've been cut to ribbons! If there was missing info before, now every entry is so short and unexplanatory as to be almost useless - unless you already know pretty much what it is and how it works. The addition of excerpts from the Forum is good though. I am glad I have the old-style offline Help from v18 saved - lots of discursive explanation there.