Batch Creation of Components from Solids

Hello All,

I'd swear that I accomplished this a while back, but I could be wrong.

Is there a way to start from a .dwg file containing a large number of solids but having no mechanical structure and turn them all into local components, without having to do every solid one at a time?

If anybody knows how to do this, I would very much appreciate it if you could spell out your procedure.

Thanks,

JoeM

Comments

• Hello @jmilanese
    Try the "BMMECH" command.
    You might have to check a box in the setting menu as its an experimental function.
    With kind regards,
    Robert
  • Thanks very much for your input. I will try the lisp routines posted in the other thread.

I did make some progress on my own. The Blockify command has an option to convert all individual solids to blocks. With this option checked, I ran blockify and it worked as promised.

Then I ran BMMECH - it converts all the blocks to components.

Did the Blockify command always have this capability?

JoeM
  • jmilanese said:

I did make some progress on my own. The Blockify command has an option to convert all individual solids to blocks. With this option checked, I ran blockify and it worked as promised.

Then I ran BMMECH - it converts all the blocks to components.

Did the Blockify command always have this capability?

Nice spotting! Looks like this option came in with V22, It's not available in V21. You do have to switch on in SETTINGS first, as it isn't available by default. It's preferable to use BLOCKIFY as it will recognise similar geometry creating a single block reference for all. There is also an option to create collections, which is useful to define common sub-assemblies.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V22 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts