Default Group Copy Behaviour

We use groups a lot (as well as blocks) but keep hitting a problem:- with Autocad the default behaviour when a group is copied is to create a new group. In bricscad the default is to explode the group i.e. entities are copied individually. In our case they then need to be re-grouped manually. Is there a setting for changing this behaviour to match Autocad? Or can I request this feature be added?p.s. blocks are not a suitable alternative as they cannot be stretched etc.

Comments

• OK, we added a task to our development schedule to change the copy behaviour for groups. This will be implemented in the coming months.

• Thanks Hans for your speedy reply. If anyone is going to look at grouping, they could also check the results of stretching a group - it seems to be slightly inconsistent at the moment. Some of the parts are stretched, some are moved as if collected by a crossing box during a move command. This is not a major problem, just a comment.

• I just tried stretching a group and the behavior looks OK, but of course there is an endless number of situations to consider when testing the stretch functionality. Could you please file a support request and add a sample drawing with a description how we should reproduce a specific stretch problem and how the stretch behavior is different from expected?

• OK will post typical drawing with some grouped parts. Many thanks.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!