Default Group Copy Behaviour

We use groups a lot (as well as blocks) but keep hitting a problem:- with Autocad the default behaviour when a group is copied is to create a new group. In bricscad the default is to explode the group i.e. entities are copied individually. In our case they then need to be re-grouped manually. Is there a setting for changing this behaviour to match Autocad? Or can I request this feature be added?p.s. blocks are not a suitable alternative as they cannot be stretched etc.

Comments

• OK, we added a task to our development schedule to change the copy behaviour for groups. This will be implemented in the coming months.

• Thanks Hans for your speedy reply. If anyone is going to look at grouping, they could also check the results of stretching a group - it seems to be slightly inconsistent at the moment. Some of the parts are stretched, some are moved as if collected by a crossing box during a move command. This is not a major problem, just a comment.

• I just tried stretching a group and the behavior looks OK, but of course there is an endless number of situations to consider when testing the stretch functionality. Could you please file a support request and add a sample drawing with a description how we should reproduce a specific stretch problem and how the stretch behavior is different from expected?

• OK will post typical drawing with some grouped parts. Many thanks.

This discussion has been closed.