Again, I can't figure out how to turn off the window that pops up anytime I need to select something

I have spent nearly an hour on this, which is my personal limit when I decide to ask a question here. If the search tools were more sophisticated on this forum, I would have no problem finding it. I know I have asked this question before at least twice.

There is a window that opens any time that BricsCAD prompts me to select something. The name of the window is the name of the command that I started to use and caused that window to open. I am trying to turn it off.

What is it called again?

-Joe

Comments

• Wiebe van der Worp
    edited August 2017

You mean this? https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/10426/turn-off-popup

If I forget, I'll ask you ;-)

• Joe Dunfee
    edited August 2017

Did you already remember that the word was "promptmenu"? Or did you somehow find it? I tried a bunch of other search words, but most words I could think of generated far to many results.

I just now remembered that I can use a feature in Google's search tool to restrict the hits to a particular site. It works with the BricsCAD forum. This would allow boolean searches, and other nice things. For example, to find my problem, I can search;

popup site:forum.bricsys.com

-Joe

• Won't forget that word anymore. I don't like model/paper areas contaminated but I like the pop up. So it is now parked on the last place I drag it. Works fine. But I also forgot how to achieve it. Search was something like "bricscad command options pop up": First hit was lucky I guess.

• Note:
    There is a search field in the _Settings dialog. When trying to find a variable that is the best place to start. A search for 'PROMPT' will yield 5 or 6 hits including 'PROMPTMENU'.

This discussion has been closed.