SWEEPX, LOFTX, SSBS (SliceSolidBySurface) commands to SWEEP,LOFT Solids+Surfaces, Slice Solids by Su

124»

Comments

• Hi Richard, as Dan suggests just UNBLOCK the dll !

• Yep, that did it. Thanks! I should have remembered ...

Also, the obligatory: #$#@%^@# Windows!!11!!oneone!1   ::sigh::
  • Hi Konstantin,
    there is a way to check via Lisp if DLL is already loaded ??

Kind regards
    Paul
  • Hi Paul,

I am not aware of a way in Lisp to check directly if a .NET assembly is loaded and which commands it exposes.
    (unless a lispfunction written in C# .NET checks for loaded assemblies and commands...)
    An alternative would be to use a small autoloader lisp function in your lisp code
    the first time you call a command from the .NET plugin thus bypassing this check.

Consider also the followig points :
     The Lisp function command name used (C:LOFTX ...) should be the same as the .NET command name to be called (LOFTX...).
     The Lisp Command definition is overwritten by the .NET command name the first time the dll is Netloaded.
     As a matter of fact further invocations of the lisp loader do effectively nothing.

Here is the example code :

[code]
    (defun c:LOFTX ()
      (if (findfile  "C:\\MyNETplugins\\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.12.dll")
          (progn
            (command
            "_NETLOAD"
            "C:\\MyNETplugins\\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.12.dll"
             )
            (command "LOFTX")
           )
       ;else
           nil
       )
     ;exit nicely
     (princ)
    )
    [/code]

You will have to replace the path and file name with your names and locations...
    I hope this helps

Best regards
    Konstantin

• Hi all,

a small bug in the PLANESURFACEX command is corrected.
    this plug-in is updated to a new version V2.3-bc14.2.13

Regards
    Konstantin

SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.13.dll

• I have successfully used your very useful program in the past, but recently tried to use it with BricsCAD 14.2.17 (x64) revision 35160. I get this error on start up:

; ----- Error around expression -----
    (NETLOAD "C:Program FilesBricsysBricsCAD V14 en_USSweepXSweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.13")
    ;
    ; error : no function definition ; expected FUNCTION at [EVAL]

In my "on_doc_load.lsp" file I have the following line of code to invoke the program when starting a new drawing:
    (netload "C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V14 en_US\SweepX\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.13")

I "unblocked" the .dll before using and get the same result. Is my version of BricsCAD uncompatible or am I missing something obvious?
    You help is appreciated.

• Hi Dennis,
    i can succesfully netload and run SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.13.dll and the new attached version SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.17.dll
    in Bricscad 14.2.17 x86 and x64.
    Please try :
    1.  re-download both dll's

2.  save both in a local directory on your LOCAL drive with full access rights, NOT on a network drive !

3  re-install the .NET framework again
    For Bricscad V13x and 14x from
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718
    For Bricscad V12x from
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21

hope this helps
    I will be offline the next 10-15 days and will not respond to requests asap.
    Regards
    Konstantin 

SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.17.dll

•  No luck. I'm running .net 4.5.2 now (in Windows 8.1 x64) and still get the following error:

Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V14 en_US\SweepX\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.17.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    ; ----- LISP : Call Stack -----
    ; [0]...BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL <<-- </div>
    ;
    (AL_EXECUTEADSDEFUN "BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL" REST)
    ;
    ; error : SDS request returned error at function : BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL
    failed to load module C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V14 en_US\SweepX\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.17.dll

I also reinstalled BricsCAD.

• Try bypassing Windows Explorer (i.e., don't drag and drop the file) and, instead, copy the file from the command line (with "run as administrator"). I use the msys shell but I assume that the vanilla CMD shell would work as well.

When I originally copied the DLL over using Explorer windows, even after unblocking I was still having trouble using it. A simple cp fixed it; the unblock option isn't even presented, and now I can happily LOFTX away...
  •  Tried Copy Paste with same result.
  • I was looking for a SLICEX function and ended up here in this thread. This is great stuff and very good work. However i'm trying to use SLICEX to slice a solid and a surface. But maybe a dumb question but how do i define a surface in BCAD ? If i use the mesh or surface command (f.e. coons, i have a irregular surface) i cannot select it with the SLICEX command... ?

• .......I was looking for a SLICEX function and ended up here in this thread. This is great stuff and very good work. ................

Hi Dirk,
    thanks for your nice words.

1.....but how do i define a surface in BCAD ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    You can't draw a surface (ACIS) using a native command in Bricscad.
    Surfaces are not supported yet.
    You can only open a DWG file with surfaces already drawn in another CAD system (eg. AutoCAD).
    You can create surfaces in Bricscad by using my plug-in and the commands LOFTX, SWEEPX, EXTRUDEX and PLANESURFACEX.
    Then you can slice them by using the command SLICEX.

2.....If i use the mesh or surface command (f.e. coons, i have a irregular surface) i cannot select it with the SLICEX command... ?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is not a surface command in Bricscad!
    If you create legacy meshes like polygon- and polyface meshes using the MESH and PFACE commands respectively,
    then you can convert them to surfaces (ACIS) by using the PLANESURFACEX command and the procedure described
    above in position #89 2014-06-13  of this thread.
    Then you can use the SLICEX command to slice them.
    You cannot slice polygon- and polyface meshes using the SLICEX command.

i hope this help

Regards
    Konstantin

• Hi,

I test it in v15.1.01 (x64) beta, works Ok.

Thank you Konstantin!

• Hi,

I test it in v15.1.01 (x64) beta, works Ok.

Thank you Konstantin!

Hi William,
    glad to hear this...enjoy !

•  Hi Konstantin.

I'm running Win7 x86 and the plugin returned an error:

Loading .NET runtime v4.0.30319:

Error Message: Não foi possível carregar arquivo ou assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Henrique\Downloads\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.17.dll' ou uma de suas dependências. Operação sem suporte. (Exceção de HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    ; [0]...BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL <<-- </div>
    ;
    ;
    Error: SDS request returned error at function : BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL
    failed to load module C:\Users\Henrique\Downloads\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.17.dll
  • Hi Henrique,

See if posts  #45, #47, #83, #90, #91, #100  in this thread help resolve the loading issue

Regards
  • Hi All,

i am posting a neww .DLL compiled with the Version 15.1.22-1 for the shake of compatibility...
    although according to my few quick and dirty tests the version for Bricscad 14 is also working for Bricscad 15.
    Nothing new added yet...
    I would appreciate to hear how this plug-in is used if at all and see some interesting screenshots to get happy...
    Your feedback and wishes are always welcome !

Have a nice day
    Konstantin

SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc15.1.22.dll

•  This is a dumb question. However, how do I install and setup these plugins in V15 (64 bit) Platinum.
    Walter
  •  This is a dumb question. However, how do I install and setup these plugins in V15 (64 bit) Platinum.
    Walter

Download the last version SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc15.1.22.dll from above and use the command NETLOAD to load it...
    the just call the commands

• Download the last version SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc15.1.22.dll from above and use the command NETLOAD to load it...
    the just call the commands

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

I saved the above file to my local drive and got the following error message when I ran Netload.
    ": NETLOAD

Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\1 Season Design\BRICSCAD\Lisp Routines\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc15.1.22.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    ; [0]...BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL <<--</div>
    ;
    ;
    failed to load module C:\1 Season Design\BRICSCAD\Lisp Routines\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc15.1.22.dll"

Walter
  • i think the problem is that the .dll is locked !
    See if posts  #45, #47, #83, #90, #91, #100  in this thread help resolve the loading issue
    Just unlock the downloaded SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc15.1.22.dll and try again !

imageUnblockDLL.jpg
  • i think the problem is that the .dll is locked !
    Just unlock the downloaded SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc15.1.22.dll and try again !

Thank you. I unblocked the dll file. However I get this message
    ": NETLOAD

Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\1 Season Design\BRICSCAD\Lisp Routines\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc15.1.22.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    ; [0]...BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL <<--</div>
    ;
    ;
    failed to load module C:\1 Season Design\BRICSCAD\Lisp Routines\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc15.1.22.dll

I even rebooted my PC. Would there be any other security settings?

Walter
  • Please concentrate on message #100 of this thread
    https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/17053#24112

After downloading the .dll,  copy it in a directory  :
    • by bypassing the Windows Explorer (i.e., don't drag and drop the file) and, instead,
    • get a command line by running the cmd command as administrator and then
    • copy the plugin .dll at the command line using the copy command into the wished directory
    • unblock the file if still blocked

i hope this will help finally and hopefully !
    The plugin loads and functions on my computer without any problems and error messages ...
  • Please concentrate on message #100 of this thread
    https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/17053#24112

After downloading the .dll,  copy it in a directory  :
    • by bypassing the Windows Explorer (i.e., don't drag and drop the file) and, instead,
    • get a command line by running the cmd command as administrator and then
    • copy the plugin .dll at the command line using the copy command into the wished directory
    • unblock the file if still blocked

i hope this will help finally and hopefully !
    The plugin loads and functions on my computer without any problems and error messages ...

Thank you so much for your help. I managed to get it to work by:
    • Deleting previously downloaded file;
    • Downloading new file directly to a folder where it will reside;
    • Unblocking the file as you described; and
    • Type Netload in the command line
    Now to play with these new tools.
  •  Just as a matter of interest what type of software is this. I imagine its not Lisp. Is it a plugin or something else.
    I know nothing about software programming.
    Walter
  • Hi Walter,
    this is a plugin programmed in C# .NET, just another API(application programming interface) available in Bricscad like the Lisp API.
    Regards
    Konstantin
  • Thank you Konstantin.
    Walter
  • Hi all,

a new Version of the plug-in for Bricscad 16.1.02 (.NET Framework 4.5.1) is posted  for compatibility reasons... but no new features are added yet...

It is a long time since the 1st release of this plug-in was posted on the 16.12.2011.

At that time V12 was available without the functionality offered by the plug-in.

Since then many things have happened in the API(.NET) and at the command level of Bricscad.

The SWEEP command was introduced in V14 and then the LOFT, SLICE (with the Surface Option), DMEXTRUDE and DMSTITCH commands with similar functionality in V13 - V16.

So I will go through the plug-in commands mentioning the functionality not available (to the best of my knowledge ?) in the similar native Bricscad commands in case one could still benefit from it !!!

LOFTX   [native command LOFT since V16]  

Creation of loft surfaces by selecting open profile curves, planar or non-planar, 2D or 3D  (polylines, lines, splines, arcs, 3D polylines)

Creation of Solids + Surfaces by selecting Points as “Start” and/or “End” Profiles.
    e.g. modeling eccentric cones and other shapes… see screenshots below…

SWEEPX   [native command SWEEP since V14]

Creation of sweep surfaces by selecting open profile planar curves.

(only closed curves can be selected by the native SWEEP command).

EXTRUDEX    [ native commands EXTRUDE  and DMEXTRUDE]

No additional functionality available to native commands

PLANESURFACEX [ no similar native command available]

Creation of planar(plane) surfaces by selecting closed planar curves, regions and 3Dfaces.

This command can be used to convert legacy meshes like Polygon- and Polyface meshes to ACIS Surfaces and Solids. This was one of the reasons to create the command.

Have a look at position #89 of this thread   https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/17053#23550

SLICEX   [ native command SLICE with “Surface” Option since V16 ]

No additional functionality available to native commands…solids and surfaces can be sliced by surface.

SECTIONX  [native command SECTION sections only 3D solids ]

Creation of planar sections(regions, curves) by sectioning a surface by plane(defined by 3 points) .
    Used to produce contours by sectioning surfaces…(lisp scripting for many contours)

Have a look at position #89 of this thread and relative screenshots  https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/17053#23550

THICKENX  [native command DMTHICKEN  since V16 ]

No additional functionality available to native commands…but the native command results to a modeling error…unknown error…!

INTERFEREX  [native command INTERFERE ]

Creation of volumes, areas and curves of interference between  Solids and Surfaces OR between surfaces.

The native command creates volumes of interference between solids only !

EDGEX  [ no similar native command available]

The command creates the wireframe Edges of a selection set of Solids and /or Surfaces.

It creates always the first nested level of entities.

If you want to get the edges of nested  entities you must repeat the command and select these nested entities. Think of the double entities produced in this case !!!

SUBTRACTX  [native command SUBTRACT ]

Subtracts (Boolean subtraction)  Solids and Surfaces from Surfaces!

The native command subtracts solids from solids or regions from regions, surfaces can NOT be selected.

UNIONX   [native command UNION, DMSTITCH since V15 ]

Unions Solids and Surfaces.

The native command unions Solids only, while  DMSTITCH unions Surfaces as well.

All plug-in commands operate in a non-destructive mode, meaning that the original sweep/loft profiles and original Solids and Surfaces are not deleted during the modeling operations.

The value of the DELOBJ variable is not relevant for the plug-in commands.

The only exception is the SLICEX command, which creates new surfaces or solids out of the original ones, thus the original objects are changed !

That’s all …hope it helps…

Greetings,

Konstantin

SweepX-LoftX_bc16.1.02.dll

imageStart-End-Point-Profiles_1.jpg
    imageStart-End-Point-Profiles_2.jpg
  • Thank you, sir!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!