Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Normal Vector on Surface

Hello,
I tried to get the normal vector at specified a point on the surface of a solid, but did't found a solution yet. Is there an easy way to get it?

Thanks

Comments

• For a flat face of a 3D solid this can be done by aligning the UCS to the face and then drawing a line from the point in the pos. Z direction. I don't know how this can be accomplished if the face is curved.
  • Thank you.
    But I need it for a curved surface.
  • I'm thinking make a Point on your Surface then make a copy of the Surface and the point then scale the copy and the point times 1.5 around its centroid. Finally make a line between the Points. ! ?  Havent tried it yet but could work. just dont know how to find the centroid. Maybe someone knows
  • What kind of Surfaces do you mean?

If there are "oldfashioned" meshes like RULESURFs, REVSURFs or EDGESURFs  so I have an idea, how to get the Normal vector.

Regards

Jochen

www.ant-ares.de

This discussion has been closed.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.