Fontmapping

Does anybody has a clue how fontmapping on Linux actually works?
In drawings I receive, "Arial Narrow" always gets replaced with freemono.ttf (a very bad match), no matter what I put in default.fmp.

Comments

• Croscore fonts is metrically compatible, package fonts-croscore. Alternatively, does it help to install package ttf-mscorefonts-installer?

• I have ms-corefonts installed, but Arial Narrow is not part of them. I do have several good replacements for this font installed, but the font substitution that (I guess) takes place on the freetype / X-server layer does not pick them up, probably because I did not install them via the package management. Theoretically, font substitution in BricsCAD should be configurable in the file that FONTMAP points to, but I just cannot get it to work.

• Liberations sans is also metrically compatible with Arial and covers narrow. So if you get font mapping working... Perhaps it is best to do a support request? Can't test it myself right now.

• Yes, I 'll file a SR as time permits. This is not the only flaw with font handling on linux...

• This is the reason why true type fonts are not accepted in dwg drawings in the Swedish building industry. They cause trouble and incompatibilities. Use shx fonts like 'isocp.shx' instead.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!