Disabling auto zoom

Hi All,

I have BricsCAD Pro V20.1.04.
The issue is as follows:

• Double click a single line text to edit it
  • Zoom in whilst it is editable
  • Make the required text change and left click model space to finish editing it
  • It will then automatically zoom out to where it was before I double clicked the text

This auto-zooming out is always throwing me out as I am used to constantly zooming and panning quickly as my hand wills it.
I have seen this post but not sure if it is exactly the same thing (I was able to disable auto-rotate) https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/15565/any-way-to-edit-text-without-the-automatic-zoom
Also, on an older version of Bricscad, I am sure I was able to disable it but cannot for the life of me find it in the settings.
I think it was the setting attached, but I have tried 0 and 1 to no avail.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Cam.

Comments

• Single line text or multi-line text. Your post says single line, but the attachment is for multi-line.

• Yes, my issue is with single line text.
    I just showed the multi-line zoom option as I could not find any option related to single line text and though maybe it would encompass both.

• Try TEXTED to set the DTEXT editor. Not sure about zooming. I wrote my own in-place editor for DTEXT before an in-place editor was built-in to Bricscad so I don't use the built-in editor.

• To disable auto-zoom during mtext editing, set MTEXTFIXED = 0 or 1.

• Thanks guys for the suggestions.
    I have tried both ideas however it hasn't solved my particular issue.
    I'll keep looking into it and see if I can find out what warrants this behaviour and report back.
    Any other suggestions that come my way in the meantime, I will try everything.

• @CSM said:
    Thanks guys for the suggestions.
    I have tried both ideas however it hasn't solved my particular issue.
    I'll keep looking into it and see if I can find out what warrants this behaviour and report back.
    Any other suggestions that come my way in the meantime, I will try everything.

Try setting TEXTED = 1. This will bring up a dialogue to edit the single line text string in.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts