Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shift to lock to polar vector

edited March 29 in 2D Drafting

Is there some setting? During a Line, Move, Distance etc operation, when the mouse pointer picks up a polar vector, pressing Shift to lock to that polar vector doesn't seem to 'take' if there's already a line or something on the vector. Have to move the pointer beyond, to empty space, before it will lock. I really need it to lock even if there's a line under the pointer.

Comments

• Have to move the pointer beyond, to empty space, before it will lock.

And I always thought Vectorworks has patented that behavior for their "T" key axis lock ;)

• @Tom Foster,

I "think" you are correct in your assumption, but it seems to be very hit and miss.

You can obviously track from/along the end of a line and this seems to work consistently.

I can't make it work in V21.1.08, but I tried it in V19 and it did work, but not all the time!

It only worked when a line was connected to the other line, If the line crossed the line you want to track along, then I couldn't get it to work at all.

If I have more than one line all coming off the line at the same point (different angles and not crossing it), then it also doesn't work.

So what the answer is I am not sure.

If this hasn't been addressed in the latest extensive upgrade (22/03/21), then I would file an SR.

If you do file one please can you add to this thread, as after I update, if it still isn't working consistently I will file one.

I know this doesn't help your problem, but I feel your pain :-(