Shift to lock to polar vector

Tom Foster
edited March 2021 in 2D Drafting

Is there some setting? During a Line, Move, Distance etc operation, when the mouse pointer picks up a polar vector, pressing Shift to lock to that polar vector doesn't seem to 'take' if there's already a line or something on the vector. Have to move the pointer beyond, to empty space, before it will lock. I really need it to lock even if there's a line under the pointer.

Comments

• Have to move the pointer beyond, to empty space, before it will lock.

And I always thought Vectorworks has patented that behavior for their "T" key axis lock ;)

• @Tom Foster,

I "think" you are correct in your assumption, but it seems to be very hit and miss.

You can obviously track from/along the end of a line and this seems to work consistently.

I can't make it work in V21.1.08, but I tried it in V19 and it did work, but not all the time!

It only worked when a line was connected to the other line, If the line crossed the line you want to track along, then I couldn't get it to work at all.

If I have more than one line all coming off the line at the same point (different angles and not crossing it), then it also doesn't work.

So what the answer is I am not sure.

If this hasn't been addressed in the latest extensive upgrade (22/03/21), then I would file an SR.

If you do file one please can you add to this thread, as after I update, if it still isn't working consistently I will file one.

I know this doesn't help your problem, but I feel your pain :-(