Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BricsCAD Sample Programs for C#

Hi,

Just started to explore the BricsCAD system and have been told by the support guys that there are some sample programs for C# but unfortunately, there is only 1 C# example I could find. Coming from EyeShot CAD engine (60 examples) this does not seem right. I am not looking in the right location or is there only 1 sample.

If there is only 1 example then where would I find or learn BricsCAD programming.

Please see the screenshot.

Thanks

Capture.PNG
1462 x 749 - 65K

Comments

• Unable to identify your needs... Is starting with Lisp an option perhaps?

• I am a software developer and am exploring my options to build my software on top of (trying Inventor and BSB) .

I am familiar with C based syntax such as C/C++, C# but LISP i don't have a clue. but, then again there is only 1 lisp sample ints own folder...

• Hi,

The one sample has various sample commands, forms to illustrate using many parts of the API. Since your familiar with C++, you might also find something useful in the BRX SDK.

Also, check out TheSwamp.org , there's probably thousands of samples

Cheers :)

• Thanks Daniel, I will have a look!

• edited August 29

Most of BricsCad .net api equals AutoCAD Api.

-> create an empty .net plugin for bricscad (add reference BRXMgd, TD_MGD - copylocal false)
    -> insert some of the x-thousands examples for AutoCAD (e.g. https://www.keanw.com/2011/01/combining-autocad-blocks-in-separate-files-into-a-single-dwg-using-net.html)
    -> replace Namespace and base classes from AutoCAD to bricscad (Intellisense of VS will help you)

that's it